Hailing from Mississippi and England, Kendra Coggin and Baron Conway have been avid picklers since their mums first slathered Chow-Chow and Piccalilli on their school lunch sandwiches. Pernicious Pickling Co. was launched in October 2013 to celebrate the bold flavors of their Southern-English heritages and the rich cultural diversity of their new home in Southern California. With a philosophy that “Pickles ain’t just for Sandwiches,” Pernicious Pickling Co.’s family of products use the freshest vegetables, a range of different brines, and sophisticated combinations of spices to ensure that each product delivers flavors that are bold, balanced, and as delectable straight out of the jar as they are in the food and drinks we love. Most recently, Pernicious Pickling has been featured in Food & Wine magazine, artisanal-focused subscription boxes such The Mantry and Bespoke Post, and on the shelves at Whole Foods Market.
- Launched in October 2013 in Costa Mesa, California
- Chosen as a Sofi Awards Finalist in the Appetizers, Antipasto, Hors D’Oeuvres category, Summer Fancy Food Show 2015
- Launched in Whole Foods Market in Oct 2014
- Featured in Food & Wine, Coast, Orange Coast, The Tasting Panel, and Laguna Beach Magazines
- Featured in curated artisanal boxes from The Mantry, Bespoke Post, The Fare
Trade, Quarterly Co., and at the James Beard Foundation’s Taste America
Los Angeles events